Dandie Dinmont Terrier Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- The Best 5 Dog Breeds Suited for Apartment Living
- Be a Dog Trainer Today!
- How To Choose The Right Dog For Your Lifestyle
- Four Things You Need To Know About Canine Obesity
- Dog Obedience Classes for Your Pets
- 5 Simple Steps For Leash Training Puppies
- How To Stop A Barking Dog
- Calm Non-verbal Communication Can Lessen Behaviour Problems
- Dog Obedience Classes for Your Dog
- The Pros and Cons of Home Vs Professional Dog Grooming
New dog rescue service in Moate
Dr Who? you might well ask, actually Dr Homes is the name chosen for Moate Dog Rescue.
Maria Drinan, with help from her friend Marie Keane, is the person behind this latest addition to the town of Moate.
Like many things this all started off by accident. Maria, a native of Longwood, Co Meath, moved to Moate last November. People knew she loved dogs and had worked with dogs as a volunteer. It didn’t take long before a dog who delivered five puppies was left with Maria. Happily she managed to find homes for all five of the pups. From there things expanded and Maria and her partner found themselves with five kennels and regular requests for assistance. All the dogs which are taken in are neutered/spayed, vaccinated and found new homes. Maria and the team have operated since last November, funding everything from their own resources and until now have received no financial help.
The first effort at raising some funds will take place in Don’s Bar on Saturday next, October 30, when a Halloween Ball with music, prizes for best dressed, food and a great evenings entertainment, will take place. All proceeds from the night will go towards building a new sanctuary which will be located on a site which has been secured and which will be more suitable for the purpose.
The new centre will allow the team to cater for more dogs and will be in a non residential area. Support for the Halloween night has been very positive with many people buying a ticket to support the home, although not able to attend on the night.
Work is continuing all the time and Maria tells me that Darren Doyle at Studio 93 is supporting them by setting up a website for the cause. You can follow Moate Dog Rescue on Facebook and the website will be active in about two weeks.
Maria is looking for a good home for three dogs at present, if you can help please contact Maria at 086 8356898.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend:
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy
- Tips for New Puppy Owners
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Who's The Best Drinker? Dogs? Cats? Or Pigeons? - NPR (blog)
- Workers seize more than 150 dogs from alleged Missaukee County puppy mill - Detroit Free Press
- Who let the dogs out at MSPCA-Angell benefit? - Boston Globe
- Life's a beach for lucky dogs free to run on sand - Muncie Star Press
- How to make outside-the-box hot dogs - Fox News
- Dogs bring swarm of bacteria into your home - Fox News
- PAWS To Help Oklahoma Deal With Post-Tornado Influx Of Dogs, Cats - CBS2 Chicago