Our Web Store
Border Collie Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Our Dogs And Social Media
- What It Means to Be Passionate About Something?
- What You Should Know About Adopting From a Shelter
- Water Safety Tips for your Fido!
- What to Know About Fleas
- Top 5 Dog Food Myths Debunked!
- Cynophobia: Why Are Some People Afraid of Dogs?
- Taking the Anxiety Out of Cooking For Our Dogs
- Are We Right To Criticise China For Boiling Dogs Alive?
- Creative Canine Fitness
Why Choose German Shepherd As Guard Dogs?
There are so many reasons why it is best to have a German shepherd as guard dogs. Its attributes make it one of the best guard dogs to have. In choosing protection dogs, experts want something that is agile, fast, and strong, while at the same time easy to train and doesn't show aggressiveness to its owner. There are a lot of dog breeds out there fit for the guarding duty, but the best dog for the job is a German shepherd. It has been a trusted guard dog ever since it originated in 1899. Today, they are still trusted guard dogs by families as well as being part of the K-9 force of the police all over the world.
The German shepherd is fearless and obedient at the same time. It will show its aggressiveness once it needs to and will follow its owner once instructed. Its strength and intelligence is the reason why dog lovers of all kinds love them. It can attack any person and disable them as well as recognize if a person is a threat or not through its owner's training. Its focus, tenacity, and loyalty enable the German shepherd to be part of the police force as well part of any family.
Some people might have the perception that as guard dogs, these German shepherds are not ideal for families because of its strong attributes and physique. They are wrong. German Shepherds are family loving. Even though these dogs are fearless and have an aura of confidence to them, they are open to having a good relationship with their owners and families. Once these dogs have bonded with its family, they will become protective towards them around strangers or unrecognized people. Even with its intelligence, the German shepherd cannot read situations very distinctively. That is why proper training from its owner is important to be able to instruct it either to be aggressive or not towards others.
Owners should also train this breed of protective dog to recognize friends or possible threats. This socialization training should be done at an early stage of the German shepherd's life. Training it won't be that hard because of its ability to learn fast and follow its owner's instructions well. Nobody wants a guard dog to be overly aggressive or overly timid. Its personality will greatly depend on its owner's training and guidance. Once it has instilled in itself that it should protect and love, it will be loyal and faithful until it dies to that person or family. Being a famous breed as scene in movies as well as police patrols, no one will be attacking its owner directly. The last reason why people should choose this breed as guard dogs is because of its give and take personality. Once their owners spend quality time with them, they will replace it will loyalty, faithfulness, companionship, and protection.
Please Help Us
IrishDogs.ie takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters because it might well be your perspective, too.
Our future could be much more secure with your help. Please SUPPORT us by either clicking on the Donate Button at the Top Right of your screen or, perhaps, click on our Google Ads if you feel that they are relevant.
You Might Also Like
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- 46 Dogs, Saved From Slaughter, Arrive in NY From South Korea ... - U.S. News & World Report
- Dogs rescued from Thailand seeking forever homes in Delco - 6abc.com
- Police in western Wisconsin seek suspect poisoning dogs with hot dogs - fox6now.com
- Houston-area man shot, hit dogs with broomstick after they pooped on floor, police say - Dallas News
- Dozens Of Dogs Rescued From Hoarding Situation - NewsChannel5.com
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy