Our Web Store
Irish Wolfhound Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- What to Know About Fleas
- Top 5 Dog Food Myths Debunked!
- Cynophobia: Why Are Some People Afraid of Dogs?
- Taking the Anxiety Out of Cooking For Our Dogs
- Are We Right To Criticise China For Boiling Dogs Alive?
- Creative Canine Fitness
- 5 Gifts Professional Grooming can Give To Your Pet
- How To Prepare For A Car Trip With Your Dog
- Stop killing Your Dogs with Contaminated dog food
- The Hidden Benefits Of Owning A Dog
The Chinese Crested Powderpuff - A Complete Guide
In this article we will be discussing the Chinese Crested Powderpuff. This strange looking dog is probably not one of the prettiest dogs in the World but they certainly make up for it with their fabulous character. Consequently, learn everything you need to know about this wonderful breed.
- The Chinese Crested Powderpuff can come in two varieties- one variety has a full covering of hair and the other has some hair but also areas of exposed skin (where the hair is so thin that it looks like their is only skin).
- The life span of this breed is from anywhere up to twelve years of age.
- The breed can come in all types of colours from white through to black.
- They are classed as a Toy Breed by the AKC (The American Kennel Club).
- The male and female will normally weigh about the same weighing anywhere up to 10 pounds.
- The head is often shaped quite like a dome and they have a graceful body that tapers down to straight but strong legs.
- The tail is quite long and should curl over the back.
- This breed are considered to good with children are also very intelligent which makes training allot easier.
- They are sometimes prone to anxiety issues - separation anxiety. This may display itself if you leave your dog for long periods of time.
- They can be prone to some health problems including skin issues, Patella Luxation, Legge Calve Perthes and some teeth problems.
- The breed are quite easy to house train mainly because of their intelligence.
The Chinese Crested Powderpuff are a fantastic dog to own and one of a favourites (even if some people would consider them slightly ugly).
You Might Also Like
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Tibetan dogs can survive at high altitudes, thanks to ancient breeding with wolves - Science Magazine
- Premature Graying in Dogs - The Bark (blog)
- Abducted California jogger skips town with family and leaves dogs behind - Fox News
- Woman remains in hospital after dog attacks her in Lauderhill - Local 10
- Man Who Punched Kangaroo to Save His Dog Risked His Life - National Geographic
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy