Our Web Store
Maltese Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Should Dogs Ride Loose In the Car?
- The Essentials of Training Your Dog
- The Damage Of The Dog Whisperer
- The Healthy Benefits of Dog Ownership
- Dog Walking Problems - Puppies, Leashes and Walks
- What Is Kennel Cough?
- Why Train Your Puppy in a Crate?
- Does Motor Oil Really Help Against Demodectic Mange?
- Kidney Failure in Dogs - Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
- Preventing Cystitis In Dogs
The Chinese Crested Powderpuff - A Complete Guide
In this article we will be discussing the Chinese Crested Powderpuff. This strange looking dog is probably not one of the prettiest dogs in the World but they certainly make up for it with their fabulous character. Consequently, learn everything you need to know about this wonderful breed.
- The Chinese Crested Powderpuff can come in two varieties- one variety has a full covering of hair and the other has some hair but also areas of exposed skin (where the hair is so thin that it looks like their is only skin).
- The life span of this breed is from anywhere up to twelve years of age.
- The breed can come in all types of colours from white through to black.
- They are classed as a Toy Breed by the AKC (The American Kennel Club).
- The male and female will normally weigh about the same weighing anywhere up to 10 pounds.
- The head is often shaped quite like a dome and they have a graceful body that tapers down to straight but strong legs.
- The tail is quite long and should curl over the back.
- This breed are considered to good with children are also very intelligent which makes training allot easier.
- They are sometimes prone to anxiety issues - separation anxiety. This may display itself if you leave your dog for long periods of time.
- They can be prone to some health problems including skin issues, Patella Luxation, Legge Calve Perthes and some teeth problems.
- The breed are quite easy to house train mainly because of their intelligence.
The Chinese Crested Powderpuff are a fantastic dog to own and one of a favourites (even if some people would consider them slightly ugly).
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this breed article to a friend:
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Hip Harness Helps Dogs with Dysplasia - Discovery News
- 2 dogs, 1 earless, need homes after Saudi Arabia rescue - SFGate (blog)
- Forget hotels and kennels — now there's Airbnb for dogs - Boston Globe
- Are dolphins cleverer than dogs? - BBC News
- My first children's book is about atheism … and dogs - Washington Post