Our Web Store
Border Collie Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Our Dogs And Social Media
- What It Means to Be Passionate About Something?
- What You Should Know About Adopting From a Shelter
- Water Safety Tips for your Fido!
- What to Know About Fleas
- Top 5 Dog Food Myths Debunked!
- Cynophobia: Why Are Some People Afraid of Dogs?
- Taking the Anxiety Out of Cooking For Our Dogs
- Are We Right To Criticise China For Boiling Dogs Alive?
- Creative Canine Fitness
BrewDog Company Grants 'Paw-ternity Leave' If Staff Get New Furry Friend
BrewDog is launching the Puppy Parental Leave programme to give employees time to bond with their new pet, whether they are welcoming a new puppy or taking in an older rescue dog.
The Aberdeenshire brewery is a dog-friendly workplace, with around 50 office dogs, and has already had inquiries from staff about the scheme.
The puppy parental leave will also be available at its new brewery in Columbus, Ohio, which is due to open in Spring 2017.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt said: "It's not easy trying to juggle work and settle a new dog into your life, and many members of our crew have four-legged friends at home.
"So we wanted to take the stress out of the situation and let our teams take the time they need to welcome their new puppy or dog into their family.
"We always want to raise the bar when it comes to offering our staff the best possible benefits. At BrewDog, we care about two things above all else: People and beer. We also just really, really like dogs."
The company hopes the scheme will give dogs time to settle into their new home and surroundings while their owner is there.
The brewery was started by Mr Watt and Martin Dickie in 2007 and both co-founders are often accompanied by their canines Simcoe and Dr Gonzo.
It has expanded significantly over the years and by 2015 had 540 employees and 32,000 shareholders as well as 44 bars.
Please Help Us
IrishDogs.ie takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters because it might well be your perspective, too.
Our future could be much more secure with your help. Please SUPPORT us by either clicking on the Donate Button at the Top Right of your screen or, perhaps, click on our Google Ads if you feel that they are relevant.
You Might Also Like
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- 46 Dogs, Saved From Slaughter, Arrive in NY From South Korea ... - U.S. News & World Report
- Dogs rescued from Thailand seeking forever homes in Delco - 6abc.com
- Police in western Wisconsin seek suspect poisoning dogs with hot dogs - fox6now.com
- Houston-area man shot, hit dogs with broomstick after they pooped on floor, police say - Dallas News
- Dozens Of Dogs Rescued From Hoarding Situation - NewsChannel5.com
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy