Our Web Store
Large Munsterlander Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Photographing Your Dog: Tips And Suggestions
- Should Dogs Ride Loose In the Car?
- The Essentials of Training Your Dog
- The Damage Of The Dog Whisperer
- The Healthy Benefits of Dog Ownership
- Dog Walking Problems - Puppies, Leashes and Walks
- What Is Kennel Cough?
- Why Train Your Puppy in a Crate?
- Does Motor Oil Really Help Against Demodectic Mange?
- Kidney Failure in Dogs - Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
How To Stop Your Weimaraner From Biting
Many Weimaraner owners want to know how to stop their Weimaraner from biting, and it can be very hard on the owner trying to work out how to control the behaviour. A Weimaraner that bites is insufferable at first. But as they grow older, they become a danger, both to your immediate family and other people. If your Weimaraner biting people starts to manifest, take action quickly to stop it no matter how old they are.
How to Stop Your Puppy from Biting
The best and most crucial time to identify this type of behaviour and nip it in the bud is when the Weimaraner is still at a young age. A puppy who is under five to six months of age will be fairly easy to rehabilitate, because your puppy is still in the developmental years of its lifetime.
The major problem is that people believe their puppy is just teething or messing around and isn't really trying to bite to hurt them. The puppy is in reality working out how to emphasize its position in the household. The puppy will bite you to show that it is in control. To stop your puppy from biting it has to start right now when they are open to suggestion.
There are a variety of ways you can stop your Weimaraner from biting. Most will copy the way the puppy will be treated by its mother and litter mates. A light nip on the top of the neck, a whinging noise when have been bitten, and where you give the Weimaraner a chew toy instead of biting on your fingers are good ways to teach your Weimaraner that biting is not tolerable.
How to Stop Weimaraner Biting at One Year
If a Weimaraner starts biting it will think that it is okay and that it is in control of the home. It will start to bite more often when it is a youngster around about one year old. There are many influences that can be contributing to this behaviour. You should stop playing dominance related games with your Weimaraner like tug of war, wrestling or other such types of games.
Also do not give your Weimaraner full access to the house. Give them restrictions, cut down on where they can and can't go, even crate train them if you want to. A good program for obedience training can be helpful with Weimaraner biting issues.
How to Stop Weimaraner Biting as they Get Older
If your Weimaraner biting issues continues to get in the way with their overall behaviour, it will turn into a very large problem when your dog is fully grown. The Weimaraner might retaliate against their owner but the Weimaraner will always puts himself as the dominant leader of the household.
You will need to find professional help straightaway if your dog is still trying to bite anyone after one year of age. Because there is severe danger here that the Weimaraner might choose to emphasize its authority at any time by attacking anything that it interprets as a threat.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this breed article to a friend:
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Man killed and two dogs shot on Hampton in south St. Louis - fox2now.com
- Police learn how to deal with aggressive dogs - KTVB
- Want a pup for a day? Popular program loans dogs to solo hikers - New York Post
- The dogs bark in Colombia - The Economist
- Pack of dogs reportedly killing cats in Cleveland neighborhood - WKYC-TV