Our Web Store
Long Coat Chihuahua Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- 9 Science-Backed Reasons To Own A Dog
- Are Peanuts Safe For Dogs?
- Reward The Good Or Punish The Bad?
- Situations Every Dog Owner Will Find Themselves In
- Jurassic Dog Park: Which Dinosaur is Your Pup?
- Buying Dogs In Pet Stores Isn't Much Better Than Eating Them
- The Dark Side of Breeding Dogs: How Breeding for Pedigree Harms Dogs’ Health
- Storm Anxiety: Help For Your Scaredy-Cat Or Dog
- Canine Osteoarthritis: Signs, Cause and Diagnosis
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Adopt Or Rescue A Dog
Importance of Dog Training
If you, like many people, are keen to have a puppy in your home make sure you are considering the full responsibility of what you are taking on. Although at first your dog will be just a little bundle of love and fun these same attributes will quickly develop into problems, particularly if you have obtained a large or boisterous breed. It is in these early stages that you should consider the importance of dog training. It is an unfortunate fact that many puppies grow up and become unmanageable to their owners. Many of them sadly end up in shelters after their owners realise they cannot manage them.
Proper dog training is the key to avoiding the above problem. Looking after a dog can be very hard but worthwhile work. To make sure that the puppy you get grows into a well behaved dog that you are able to keep in your family home for life takes work. Nobody, however, wants their dog to end up in a rescue shelter so all dog owners should be prepared from the beginning to put in the necessary work. You will only get out of the relationship with your dog what you put into it.
To make sure that you train your dog successfully think carefully about when is a good time to first bring one home. You need to know that you will have time to start the long commitment with your dog properly. You should try to avoid having to leave it alone for long periods when it first comes to you. Also don't forget that before and during your dog training programmed there will be a great deal of potential mess and chaos. Are you ready for this? A new dog is going to mean a lot of changes. This is one of the reasons that training is so important because, to a certain extent, your dog can be taught to adapt to your life style. It is also one of the reasons why it fails, because people are not fully prepared for the responsibility that a new dog brings with it.
If you have considered these points and are ready for the commitment your dog training regime should start as soon as possible. It is important so that your puppy grows into a well balanced and content animal that knows its place in the family. It is also important because it will teach you and your dog to live together successfully. This does not just happen. It takes time and care to get right.
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Woman wants dogs banned from Yorktown park - The Journal News | LoHud.com
- 'Awe-Inspiring' Bond Between Sibling Dogs Captured In Rescue Video - Huffington Post
- What Dogs REALLY Mean When They Smile, Yawn Or Stare At You - Huffington Post
- Buxton police seize 18 dogs from home after receiving complaints - Press Herald
- Journalist Gives Away Her Dogs Because They Aren't Cute Anymore - The Dodo
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy