Our Web Store
Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Dogs And Hardwood Floors
- Tips to Keep Your Dog Calm During Construction
- How to Choose the Right Shelter Dog
- Picking The Right Treatment And Vet For Your Pet
- Can Dogs Copy Each Other’s Expressions? This Study Says Yes
- Dog Care Essentials for a First Time Dog Owner
- Should I Use A Shock Collar To Stop My Dog Barking?
- The Newest Mixed-Breed Dogs
- How to Create A Pet Safety Net
- 9 Science-Backed Reasons To Own A Dog
Importance of Dog Training
If you, like many people, are keen to have a puppy in your home make sure you are considering the full responsibility of what you are taking on. Although at first your dog will be just a little bundle of love and fun these same attributes will quickly develop into problems, particularly if you have obtained a large or boisterous breed. It is in these early stages that you should consider the importance of dog training. It is an unfortunate fact that many puppies grow up and become unmanageable to their owners. Many of them sadly end up in shelters after their owners realise they cannot manage them.
Proper dog training is the key to avoiding the above problem. Looking after a dog can be very hard but worthwhile work. To make sure that the puppy you get grows into a well behaved dog that you are able to keep in your family home for life takes work. Nobody, however, wants their dog to end up in a rescue shelter so all dog owners should be prepared from the beginning to put in the necessary work. You will only get out of the relationship with your dog what you put into it.
To make sure that you train your dog successfully think carefully about when is a good time to first bring one home. You need to know that you will have time to start the long commitment with your dog properly. You should try to avoid having to leave it alone for long periods when it first comes to you. Also don't forget that before and during your dog training programmed there will be a great deal of potential mess and chaos. Are you ready for this? A new dog is going to mean a lot of changes. This is one of the reasons that training is so important because, to a certain extent, your dog can be taught to adapt to your life style. It is also one of the reasons why it fails, because people are not fully prepared for the responsibility that a new dog brings with it.
If you have considered these points and are ready for the commitment your dog training regime should start as soon as possible. It is important so that your puppy grows into a well balanced and content animal that knows its place in the family. It is also important because it will teach you and your dog to live together successfully. This does not just happen. It takes time and care to get right.
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Scientists create IQ test for dogs... and it could help humans too - CNN
- Well-known rescue no longer bringing dogs to Colorado - 9NEWS.com
- Combine kids, dogs and mushing for fun at several Alaska kennels - Alaska Dispatch News
- Local mother warns parents about dangerous dogs - KBTX
- Meet the Dogs Sniffing Out Whale Poop for Science - Smithsonian
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy