Our Web Store
Basenji Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Common Foods That Are Toxic To Dogs
- Why Are There So Many Pet Food Recalls?
- 3 Tips on Using a Dog Treat Ball to Keep Your Dog From Boredom
- Are Wolves or Foxes Ancestors of Today's Companion?
- Seizures In Dogs: The 5 Most Important Natural Remedies
- A Nation Of Dog Lovers? I Think Not
- Can Dogs Catch Colds From Humans?
- Dogs And Cats Get On Great ... Until Bed Time
- Dogs and Fireworks!
- Guilty Dogs!
Dog Training Benefits
Dog training is a great way to build the relationship bond dogs and their owners. A trained dog is a happy dog and a happy dog means a happy owner. A dog usually makes a wonderful pet whether it is trained or not, you need to know that it is reliable and safe in all situations, especially when out walking near today's busy roads. Unless you introduce some basic training techniques into your daily routine from an early stage problems can begin to arise. All dogs have the understanding and ability to learn and every owner should take advantage of this fact to help make their life easier and their dog happier.
Doing a little basic dog training every few day helps to build trust between you and your dog and will ensure that your dog will obey your simple commands in order to keep safe. If you know that your dog will stop and sit on command it means that you can relax and have more fun with your dog. You need to train your dog in order to have this control and peace of mind. All you need to start training your dog is a little bit of time and patience. It is not necessary at the initial stages for most people to seek the help of a professional trainer unless they are having particular problems.
The benefits of a little basic dog training can be immediate and lasting. A dog wants to know its place in the hierarchy and will be responsive to training from an early age. Dogs have always had a special relationship with their owners. This is partly due to a long tradition of training and relationship building. Dogs are one of the few animals that we are happy to share our living space with and this is because we are able to train them to behave in a way that is compatible with our lives.
Because of the long history of breeding the dogs that we have today want to be with humans and they are happiest if they are very clear of their place. The training can start with a simple game such as fetching a ball but this will lead to the beginning of a strong relationship. This is best achieved by clear and consistent training from the early stages. For this reason dog training is the way to make sure that your dog is reliable and safe. If you do not give it at least the basics, not only will it be unreliable it will be unhappy.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this article to a friend:
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Couple gets dogs back when they go missing after burglary - Chicago Tribune
- Authorities in Atlanta and Gwinnett seek dog abusers - Atlanta Journal Constitution
- San Francisco fire: Amid chaos, firefighters save dogs - San Francisco Chronicle
- Old dog, new home: Senior pooches find families thanks to Facebook page - Today.com
- Three deer die after being attacked by two dogs in a school in early morning hours - Washington Post