Our Web Store
Border Collie Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Our Dogs And Social Media
- What It Means to Be Passionate About Something?
- What You Should Know About Adopting From a Shelter
- Water Safety Tips for your Fido!
- What to Know About Fleas
- Top 5 Dog Food Myths Debunked!
- Cynophobia: Why Are Some People Afraid of Dogs?
- Taking the Anxiety Out of Cooking For Our Dogs
- Are We Right To Criticise China For Boiling Dogs Alive?
- Creative Canine Fitness
Dog Training Benefits
Dog training is a great way to build the relationship bond dogs and their owners. A trained dog is a happy dog and a happy dog means a happy owner. A dog usually makes a wonderful pet whether it is trained or not, you need to know that it is reliable and safe in all situations, especially when out walking near today's busy roads. Unless you introduce some basic training techniques into your daily routine from an early stage problems can begin to arise. All dogs have the understanding and ability to learn and every owner should take advantage of this fact to help make their life easier and their dog happier.
Doing a little basic dog training every few day helps to build trust between you and your dog and will ensure that your dog will obey your simple commands in order to keep safe. If you know that your dog will stop and sit on command it means that you can relax and have more fun with your dog. You need to train your dog in order to have this control and peace of mind. All you need to start training your dog is a little bit of time and patience. It is not necessary at the initial stages for most people to seek the help of a professional trainer unless they are having particular problems.
The benefits of a little basic dog training can be immediate and lasting. A dog wants to know its place in the hierarchy and will be responsive to training from an early age. Dogs have always had a special relationship with their owners. This is partly due to a long tradition of training and relationship building. Dogs are one of the few animals that we are happy to share our living space with and this is because we are able to train them to behave in a way that is compatible with our lives.
Because of the long history of breeding the dogs that we have today want to be with humans and they are happiest if they are very clear of their place. The training can start with a simple game such as fetching a ball but this will lead to the beginning of a strong relationship. This is best achieved by clear and consistent training from the early stages. For this reason dog training is the way to make sure that your dog is reliable and safe. If you do not give it at least the basics, not only will it be unreliable it will be unhappy.
Please Help Us
IrishDogs.ie takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters because it might well be your perspective, too.
Our future could be much more secure with your help. Please SUPPORT us by either clicking on the Donate Button at the Top Right of your screen or, perhaps, click on our Google Ads if you feel that they are relevant.
You Might Also Like
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Dogs seized by Battle Creek cops were injured by dog bites - Detroit Free Press
- Dog Genome Project Reveals Secrets of Canine Family Tree - Smithsonian
- Dogs Are Wearing Legwarmers Because We're Not Having Babies - Racked
- What dogs really mean when they look guilty - AOL
- Dogs Prefer Advice From People Who Actually Have the Answers - Psychology Today (blog)
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy