Our Web Store
Alaskan Malamute Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Common Foods That Are Toxic To Dogs
- Why Are There So Many Pet Food Recalls?
- 3 Tips on Using a Dog Treat Ball to Keep Your Dog From Boredom
- Are Wolves or Foxes Ancestors of Today's Companion?
- Seizures In Dogs: The 5 Most Important Natural Remedies
- A Nation Of Dog Lovers? I Think Not
- Can Dogs Catch Colds From Humans?
- Dogs And Cats Get On Great ... Until Bed Time
- Dogs and Fireworks!
- Guilty Dogs!
Do Dogs Get Homesick?
It can't be discounted as a fact that dogs are one of the most emotional animals. This is evident on how they relate to us humans-- their masters. They know who you are and they bark when a stranger is around. They get ecstatic and happy when they were being praised and at the same time, get sad when they were being reprimanded. Also, as fast learner as they are (relative to other pets), their emotions and their 'emotional sensors' plays a great role in their development. We are all very much familiar with the saying that says dogs are the man's best friend. How can we not agree with this? They are sweet, adorable and fun to play with. Further, they can be very attached to their master that they will do anything to protect his territory. Dogs, especially the domesticated ones, tend to become a part of the family; thus, they become very familiar with their surrounding and identifies it as their home. With these mere human-like attributes of our canine friends, it is undeniably correct to assume that dogs do get homesick.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this article to a friend:
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- 'Dog Whisperer' helps dogs and their people on new 'Cesar 911' show - Washington Post
- Watch Dogs drop-in multiplayer can be turned on or off - Polygon
- Well | Every Dog Has Its Data - New York Times (blog)
- What's Your Dog Thinking? Researchers At Yale Want To Know - Hartford Courant
- 5 Surprising Facts About the Iditarod Dog Sled Race - National Geographic