Our Web Store
Japanese Shiba Inu Picture Gallery
Latest Dog Blogs
- Situations Every Dog Owner Will Find Themselves In
- Jurassic Dog Park: Which Dinosaur is Your Pup?
- Buying Dogs In Pet Stores Isn't Much Better Than Eating Them
- The Dark Side of Breeding Dogs: How Breeding for Pedigree Harms Dogs’ Health
- Storm Anxiety: Help For Your Scaredy-Cat Or Dog
- Canine Osteoarthritis: Signs, Cause and Diagnosis
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Adopt Or Rescue A Dog
- What Is The Best Dog Training Method
- Decoding Your Dog: What Fido Is Trying To Tell You [Infographic]
- The Best Job On The Planet
Dealing With Pet Grief
Dogs come into your life, provide companionship, and for many people become a very close friend. Years of romping in the grass, fetching sticks and warming your feet are great, but at some point in time, you are very likely to lose your pet to old age. The typical life span for dogs ranges between 12 to 18 years depending upon the breed in question. When the time comes, dealing with the death of your pet can be very difficult and if you have children, it can be even harder.
People who do not own pets may not understand your grief, but that does not mean that your grief is unnatural or something to be ashamed of. Feeling pain and loss when a dog dies is natural and has the same stages of grief that you would experience when losing a loved one. Just know you are not crazy or silly to feel pain and grief.
As stated earlier grief over the loss of a pet is similar to typical grief, the stages are a bit different however. Below are a few of the different feelings you may experience after losing a pet:
The Poop Scoop News Feed
- Advice on how to keep dogs calm during Fourth of July celebrations - WPTZ The Champlain Valley
- America Celebrates July 4 With Parades, Hot Dogs, Cold Beer - ABC News
- Coney Island crowns new hot dog-eating champ in monumental upset - Mashable
- We tried out Tindog (Tinder for dogs) and this is what happened - Mashable
- Police: 3 dogs attack 77-year-old woman as she walks - WYFF Greenville
Latest Dog Pods
- Tips on How to Stop Your Dog from Biting
- Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! How Can You Know The Truth?
- Helpful Tips For Dog Obedience Problems
- How to Keep Dogs From Eating Poop
- Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming
- Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems
- 5 Important Tips On Feeding A Puppy